So I am using a 30 day blog challenge for inspiration this week and combining 2 topics: 20 facts about me and the meaning of my business name. I probably won’t do 20 because as I mentioned in the post prior, I’m not that exciting. But here goes!
- I was born and raised in Sulphur Springs, TX – 80 miles east of Dallas. Population around 15K people.
- Sulphur Springs/Hopkins County is the dairy capital of Texas and the Southwest Dairy Museum along with 2 50-ft cows are by the High School.
- My graduation ceremony for HS was in a rodeo arena.
- I graduated HS in the Top 10% (Number 23) but definitely didn’t continue that to college haha.
- I have a dog, Sara. She is 2 years old and is a red heeler mix.
- I currently live in The Colony, TX which is a suburb of Dallas between Lewisville and Frisco.
- I have worked in hotels for almost 10 years and have been in the sales world for almost 5.
More Serious Stuff:
- I have been overweight most of my life. I can remember in pre-school (3 years old) one of my friends calling me fat. I didn’t really know what that meant at the time but I knew the way he said it, it wasn’t good.
- I weighed 200lbs in the 4th grade. We were getting ID Cards at school and they had to put our weight on there. I was so embarrassed because one of my friends saw the number.
- At my smallest, my Sophomore year of High School, I weighed 215lbs – boy how I miss those days.
- Today, I now weigh more than a standard at-home scale’s highest number (350+ for those who don’t know).
- I can only shop in the Big & Tall section in any store.
- I struggle with depression and anxiety and take daily medication for it.
Wow – that’s a lot of sharing! Let’s move along 🙂
Meaning of my blog name
One day, I think January or March of 2016, I had just run outside and it was one of those days in Texas that was not really winter or spring. It had been a bit since I had run and I was dying. I pulled up SnapChat, added a filter that made me not look like I was dying, and then posted it to Instagram using the hashtag #bigboyrunningclub . I had always looked into being a part of a running club but was very intimidated on if I was even near fast enough to keep up. So it’s a play on words for me, something funny at the time (and still): I’m a big boy and I like to run.
Have a great second-half of your week everyone!